Clutches in Market Drayton
Got a problem with your clutch or gears and want it fixed fast? CALL US
If you are experiencing any problems or have any concerns with your car clutch or gear box, our fully trained clutch specialists will be happy to carry out a comprehensive inspection.
Looking to buy a car clutch locally?
We supply and fit car clutches to suit all makes and models of cars. Our car clutches are favourably priced and guaranteed. We have a number of brands to choose from including budget and premium.
A few tips to prolong the life of your car clutch:
- Don’t rest your foot on the clutch pedal while driving; you will take up the slack between thrust and release bearings and wear them out
- Don’t leave the car in gear with your foot on the clutch at traffic lights for the same reason
- Don’t hold the car on a hill by slipping the clutch for longer than absolutely necessary when doing a hill-start. You will wear out the friction surface
- Release the handbrake gradually with your thumb on the release button as you lift the clutch and press the accelerator
- Don’t slip clutches deliberately to avoid changing gear
- Make sure that there is a little free play in the pedal movement before you start to feel the weight; if there is no slack you may need to adjust the cable housing or the clutch rod
- If you have hydraulic clutch control, make sure the reservoir is as well topped up as that for the brake system.
Is your clutch in working order?
The main symptoms of burnt out clutches are:
- Difficulty in engaging gear
- A consistent crunching noise
- Inability to engage gear at all
- A juddering when pulling away from a stationary position
- The engine RPM increases when the throttle pedal is depressed, but vehicle speed does not increase as it would normally be expected to do
- A pronounced burning smell
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms or you have any other concerns with your car clutch or gear box, just phone or call in and we’ll be happy to take a look. Our fully trained clutch specialists will be happy to carry out a clutch and gear box check to assess whether you need your clutch repaired or replaced.
Getting in touch with us is easy, whether you’re looking for local friendly advise or your ready to book in your vehicle with us, you can contact us via phone on 01630 698039, by emailing [email protected] or by popping in for a coffee, we’re down on Smithfield Road in Market Drayton, just past Lidl.